Are There Better Ways To Prevent / Cure Cancer?
Can a Diet High in Bitter Greens Cure Cancer? What Other Foods Help Prevent Cancer?
Why do doctors recommend chemical treatments over natural treatment? What is one “food” most people are eating that probably causes cancer, and can a diet high in bitter greens cure cancer, or at least help to prevent it?
Before I get into the drugs versus foods and supplements portion of this article, I would like to address the surprising fact that many people have cancer cells in their bodies that never progress to actual cancer. Believe it or not . There are common foods that can cut off the food supply to the cancer cells, thus starving them to death.
We can also starve cancer by cutting off its favorite foods, glucose and glutamine.
We can’t really say that any food cures cancer (although it isn’t unheard of), but many foods help to prevent cancer, including bitter greens and cruciferous vegetables.
Is It True That We All Have Cancerous Cells In Our Body?
It is true that we all have some mutated cells in our body, which can potentially become cancerous.
Are dormant cancer cells in our body activated by things in the environment?
The cancer cells lying dormant in our bodies can be activated by things outside or inside our body (NOT the sun!) Cancer cells need additional energy in order to grow and produce malignant tumors. The outside activators can be things like alcohol consumption, chemical and radiation exposure, viruses, prior cancer drug treatments, and breathing in things like asbestos and benzene.
The activation of dormant cancer cells also occurs due to out of control blood vessels.
Our amazing bodies are designed to regulate the blood vessels necessary to run our “well oiled machines.”
For example, when we receive a wound, new blood vessels are produced in order to heal that wound. This is done by the releasing of proteins called angiogenics (means, literally, “the creation of new blood vessels”).
However, an imbalance can occur if the body is unable to grow the correct amount, and diseases can result.
Cancer cells are no different. They also rely on blood vessels in order to grow into lethal tumors. Unfortunately these nasty cells are able to release their own angiogenic factors, thus creating their own blood supply.
Anti-Angiogenetic Foods for Cancer Fighting
Thankfully the nutrients in certain ordinary foods are rich in anti-angiogenics. If consumed in your regular diet, these inhibitors have the ability to stop the bad guys in their tracks. Here is a list of the potent angiogenic fighters and the foods which contain them:
- Quercetin is a flavanol found in onions, broccoli, apples, berries, olive oil, grapes, and tea. It has been shown to target tumor angiogenesis and reduce it.
- Myricetin, also a flavanol, found in onions, herbs, and berries, is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and has anti-tumor effects.
- Genistein is a polyphenol found in soybean. It has been proven to inhibit the growth of different types of cancer.
- Green tea polyphenols have anti-angiogenic properties. The regular consumption of green tea can reduce the risk of some cancers. But try to find some without a TON of fluoride in it, if possible. Is Fluoride Good or Bad? | How Fluoride Is Harmful
- Ursolic acid is present in the leaves of rosemary, lemon balm, verbena, oregano, and sage plants as well as apples and cranberries. It’s biological duties include inhibiting angiogenesis.
- Cafestol, found in coffee beans and unfiltered coffee have anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties and can interfere with the formation of extracellular blood vessels.
- Emodin and aloe-emodin exist in rhubarb and aloe vera and both have anti-cancer fighters in the form of anti-angiogenics.
Consumption of these foods, on a regular basis, can help to cut off the nutrients going to cancer cells, starving them before giving them a chance to become tumors.
Cruciferous Vegetables and Other Cancer-Preventing Foods
There are now several positive methods of fighting cancer, and most of them involve the use of foods. Probably the best foods for preventing cancer are cruciferous vegetables—particularly bitter greens, such as spinach, kale and arugula.
Due to their glucosinolate content, cruciferous vegetables are the best foods as a defense against cancer. Cruciferous vegetables include:
- bitter greens
- bok choy
- brussels sprouts
- mustard greens
- turnips and turnip greens
Can Bitter Greens Cure Cancer?
In addition to providing key nutrients that boost digestion, improve heart, gut and even brain health, as well as having all of the benefits of being high in antioxidants, bitter greens do help to fight cancer.
Bitter greens are very rich in fiber, as well as containing ample quantities of protein, vitamins A, C and K (and lesser amounts of B, D and E), as well as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
The following are classified as bitter greens:
- Broccoli rabe
- Swiss chard
What Is The Gerson Therapy?
The Gerson Therapy seems to be the most popular natural treatment at this time and involves flooding the body with organic fruits and vegetables. Developed by Dr. Max Gerson in the early 1900’s, he developed his theory in order to cure his own migraines, which was successful. He then applied his method to tuberculosis patients, most of whom showed a complete recovery. Using it on cancer patients with the same results, his discovery came to the attention of the entire medical community. However, as per usual in these cases, there was a great deal of pushback from other medical and pharmaceutical professionals who rejected his treatment out of hand.
The Gerson Therapy treats cancer as a systemic disease, being caused by an accumulation of toxins in the whole body. His intention is to strengthen the body’s natural immune system to ward off disease. The therapy consists of an organic, plant-based diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, and juices taken every hour. This onslaught of nutrients activates the immune system, facilitating healing. Salt, sugar, and processed foods are prohibited, as are oils, meat, fish, and caffeine. Nutritional supplements are encouraged.
Patients using the Gerson Therapy are required to drink up to thirteen glasses of freshly squeezed juice per day. Orange juice is especially successful as it is packed with vitamin C, which is believed to destroy cancer cells and remove toxins. The majority of scientific studies proved that this vitamin reduced chemotherapy-related side effects in cancer patients as well.
What’s One “Food” Most People Are Eating that Likely Causes Cancer?
It is universally agreed that there are many cancer causing foods out there that must be avoided in order to prevent cancer. So what’s one food that most people eat that probably causes cancer?
Well, it’s really a category of “food” most people eat that probably causes cancer, over time.
As we all know, processed “food” is at the top of the list of cancer-causing foods. This is due to the fact that our digestive system is incapable of breaking down highly processed foods, which leads to colorectal or stomach cancers.
Processed meat is the number one culprit, and is considered anything that is modified to improve flavor, appearance, or shelf life. Packaged ham, bacon, hot dogs, canned meat, and fast food meat products are the worst.
Chips, cookies, and store bought breakfast cereals are full of additives and “fake” ingredients that are not digestible. This severely harms the gut lining leading to many digestive problems and diseases.
Sugar is the worst, with a capital W, for cancer. Cancer, as stated above, relies on glucose to rapidly grow and spread.
Relieve Cancer Pain, Naturally
Pain is always a huge part of cancer patients’ suffering. Thus they rely on painkillers to ease their suffering. Unfortunately these drugs come with terrible side effects and often, if taken for long periods of time, damage the brain, liver, kidneys, gastrointestinal system, and immune system. However, there is a more gentle alternative. Many nutrients in certain foods can help to alleviate pain.
- Cherries are almost a super food when it comes to relieving pain, inflammation, and stiffness. It has been proven that the anti-inflammatory effect of tart cherries is ten times stronger than aspirin. Gout sufferers have utilized cherries for pain relief for years.
- Nutritional yeast, due to being rich in Vitamin B, is a whiz at relieving nerve inflammation.
- Butterbur is a Chinese herb that reduces swelling and pain and detoxifies the body. Many cancer patients have switched from morphine to butterbur.
- Curcumin found in turmeric is another super spice. Its health benefits include anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-cancer, and provides pain relief.
- Noni juice can enhance immunity and relieve pain very rapidly. It helps to repair cells and metabolize toxins. It stimulates the body to produce nitric oxide which regulates blood circulation and inhibits the growth of tumors. One disclaimer here: Patients with liver or white blood cell damage, or after chemotherapy or radiation, should not drink noni juice.
- Chili peppers (containing capsaicin), garlic(containing allicin and sulfide), and ginger have a strong anti-cancer effect as well as reducing pain.
- Organic wines are good for blood circulation and have an analgesic effect.
Why Doctors Discourage Natural Healing Therapies for Cancer
Why do doctors recommend chemical treatments over natural treatment?
Health professionals are often surprised by the remission rates in their patients who recovered using natural healing treatments rather than chemotherapy or radiation. Unfortunately doctors often do not give these methods much credibility. Consequently many patients are met with negative pressure by these doctors who discourage alternative healing
Part of this attitude is due to the fact that the medical industry is funded by the big pharmaceutical companies.
For example, oncologists are permitted to profit handsomely from prescribing chemotherapy drugs to patients. We recommend hitting the following link to learn the shocking truth about all of the deplorably immoral goings-on in the medical / pharmaceutical world:
There are better ways to prevent or treat cancer than chemotherapy and radiation and the like, in many cases. A diet high in bitter greens can cure cancer, according to this website. And bitter greens and other cruciferous vegetables, as well as the many other foods listed above can certainly help to keep you free of the savage disease known as cancer.
I am not suggesting that cancer sufferers should never take chemo or radiation. All I am suggesting is that it is best to research other methods thoroughly and weigh the pros and cons of all. Your diet is one of the major considerations, as the food you eat can nourish and protect your body or contribute to your unhealthy condition.