Diseases Caused by Processed Foods Include Cancer, Dementia and Many More
Diseases Caused by Eating Junk Food
Here is a quick list of diseases caused by eating junk food. These include just about any disease you can think of, so a list of diseases not caused by processed foods would be a whole lot shorter. But here you go:
EasyHealthOptions.com lists 34 health problems and diseases caused by eating junk food, if you can believe it.
We are going to list the 21 diseases most commonly reported to be caused by eating processed foods and other toxic, manufactured and modified food-like substances. We will include foods that help dementia, a list of good foods for diabetics and those with heart disease, as well as the best foods for healthy bones and skin, the best foods to help digestion and boost energy, and we will even list the best foods to reduce stress, the best foods to help with weight loss, and much more.
21 Diseases Caused By Processed Foods and Other Junk Food
- Dementia / Alzheimer’s Disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Esophageal cancer
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Colon cancer
- Liver cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Gallbladder cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Dyslipidemia (excess fat in the blood)
- Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (liver inflammation due to fat accumulation in the liver)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Hyperuricemia (too much uric acid in the blood)
There is absolutely no need to ever eat unhealthy foods such as preserved, pre-packaged junk loaded with all sorts of chemical additives, as well as extra sugar, sodium, and bad fats. In my opinion, other than in exceptional circumstances, eating nourishing food will effectively keep illness at bay and sustain our health in both body and mind.
Why Is My Child So Overweight | High Fructose Foods List
Other Health Consequences Eating Junk Food
- Digestive issues
- Tooth decay
- Hormonal imbalance
- Reduced fertility
- Sleep apnea
- Respiratory issues
- Liver and other organ dysfunction
- Disrupted sleep
What Is Worse – Sugar or Fat? | Hint: One Is Way Worse
Find Local Farmers’ Markets
I will admit that fresh produce has become horrendously expensive in the last while but there are alternatives.
As I look out my French doors at the sun pouring its rays on to my tiny patio I feel the urge to plant when the weather gets just a tiny bit warmer. Free standing pots and garden beds are cheap and easy to construct. Mine are crying out for lettuce, radishes, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, and whatever else suits my fancy.
Strawberries are also on my list, and blackberry bushes ramble the full length of my property line. If you are not a gardener or simply do not have the space, the farmers markets are now opening for business. Their selection of fruits, vegetables, homemade baked goods, and more are home grown, healthy, and inexpensive.
Having fresh, crisp food on my mind, I decided to prepare a sampling of the benefits of some of these items.
What Are the Most Promising Approaches to Curing Alzheimer’s?
Foods That Help Fight Dementia:
- apples (especially sprinkled with cinnamon) are loaded with memory boosting phytonutrients. It has been said that a single daily apple is as effective as exercise at helping the brain form new neural connections. The scent of cinnamon is proven to sharpen attention and focus by 25% immediately. It is packed with compounds that improve circulation to the brain, blocking mental decline and keeping cognition sharp.
- those who eat orange veggies daily, such as sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and red peppers have a 38% lower risk of developing dementia due to their flavones which are known to protect against damage to brain cells.
- berries improve focus and memory for four hours. Certain compounds within berries increase the flow of oxygen rich blood to the brain.
- avocado prompts the release of focus enhancing neurotransmitters the which aid in the ability to concentrate and to cut your risk of brain fog.
- walnuts heighten your focus and short term memory as well as cutting your dementia risk.
- the rich stores of B vitamins, manganese, and copper in legumes calm your adrenal glands, lowering their production of brain aging stress hormones.
- chocolate boosts brain focus by as much as 45% by increasing blood flow to the brain and heart.
- citrus fruits boost your memory, recall, and mental sharpness.
- two cups of coffee a day provides a lower risk of cognitive impairment. It reduces the number of brain plaques associated with memory decline and is loaded with antioxidants that protect brain cells from damage.
What Are the Different Forms of Dementia and What to Do
The Best Foods to Help with Weight Loss:
- extra virgin olive oil increases feelings of fullness, super charges the burning of fat, thus accelerating your weight loss.
- eating fiber rich whole grains and veggies spurs weight loss and shrinks belly fat.
- tart cherries are thought to turn off fat storage genes and turn on fat metabolizing genes.
- broccoli reduces the risk of obesity and helps the body to eliminate fat packing toxins.
- raspberries contain compounds that speed up your metabolism.
- turnips contain isothiocyanates that switch on fat burning genes in abdominal and liver cells, thus converting belly fat into fuel. Turnips are certainly one of the best foods to help with weight loss, if you enjoy them.
- cheese is low in carbs and high in protein which suppresses release of the hunger hormone ghrelin.
7 Daily Intermittent Fasting Benefits | Fasting and Autophagy
- 4-8 ounces of red wine per day can cut the risk of colds and influenza. Grape skin compounds stop viruses from inserting their genetic material into the cells lining your nose, throat, and lungs.
- the beta-carotene in pumpkin energizes the immune system which reduces the risk of bacterial sinus infections and bronchitis.
- in the same way, turkey is loaded with zinc, which is an antiviral mineral which cuts recovery time for colds and influenza.
- mushrooms contain beta-glucans which energize virus killing white blood cells.
- eating one garlic clove daily could cut your risk of viral infections by 63%.
- the carotenoids in carrots cut the risk of viral infections if you eat one cup daily.
- the flavonoids in red onions calm pain nerves, reduce tissue inflammation, and block the formation of certain pain triggering hormones.
- tart cherries dial down uric acid related inflammation which causes painful gout.
- sipping ginger tea with lemon flushes inflammation triggering toxins to ease joint and muscle pain. This is due to compounds in ginger that activate detoxification enzymes in the kidneys. Combining the lemon with hot water promotes intestinal muscle contractions to speed toxin elimination.
What Are the Health Benefits of Eating Mushrooms?
Best Foods to Help Digestion and Boost Energy:
- broccoli rabe boosts your energy and stamina due to its polyphenols which help your liver to burn fats to produce energy.
- asparagus is full of compounds that fuel the growth of healthy probiotic bacteria in the intestines.
- honey relieves heartburn almost immediately as does peppermint oil.
- beets sidestep gas, indigestion, and bellyaches due to the fact that they contain a unique carbohydrate that stimulates the production of digestive enzymes, making them one of the best foods to help digestion and boost energy.
Best Foods to Reduce Stress:
- leafy greens produce lower stress levels and risk of depression as they help to fuel the growth of good bacteria in the gut where mood elevating hormones like serotonin are created.
- mint prompts the brain to release relaxing alpha waves, making you feel calm and upbeat.
- acorn squash calms the central nervous system to lower the release of stress hormones.
- hops and ashwagandha
How to Overcome Depression and Anxiety and Take Your Life Back | GABA
Does Ashwagandha Help with Anxiety? | YES, and Much More!
List of Good Foods for Diabetics and Those with Heart Disease (or Prevention of Both!):
Plant based foods help to lower cholesterol.
- the Journal of the American Heart Association released new research stating that those who followed a diet rich in beans, fiber and healthy fats were significantly less likely to develop heart disease.
- regular walnut consumption reduces the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease due to their protein, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- coffee cuts the metabolism, slowing diabetes risk.
The Best Foods for Healthy Bones and Skin:
- a daily serving of collard greens makes your skin look smoother, healthier, and younger. Its beta carotene and vitamin C rejuvenate the epidermal layer of the skin.
- the calcium and protein in dairy foods such as real cheese and yogurt strengthens bones and reduces bone deterioration.
- the beta carotene in sweet potatoes repairs and replaces damaged and aging skin cells. It prevents dry skin and skin redness and inflammation as well.
Best Food for Constipation Relief and Hemorrhoid Prevention:
- Hemorrhoids occur due to the straining during bowel movements. Sip a mango smoothie daily (fresh or frozen) to prevent this.
Mango are packed with fiber, and arguably the best food for constipation relief.
What Foods Contain Red Dye 40? | Red Dye and Autism, ADHD
Why Are Bananas a Superfood?
Are bananas a superfood? How so?
Bananas are such a huge super food that I decided to give them their own section. Firstly here is a fun fact that some of you might not know:
Ripe yellow bananas, besides having countless health benefits, are sweet and contain sugar. Green ones, on the other hand, have no sugar but contain a great deal of healthy fiber that helps to neutralize stomach acid and protects against ulcers. They also act as a prebiotic nutrient, promoting gut health. Now for the other benefits.
- rich in potassium which is one of the most important electrolytes in the body and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- contain Vitamin B6 and the amino acid tryptophan, which are essential for the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin. They play an important role in regulating memory, mood, and sleep. Deficiency in these transmitters can cause depression or Parkinson’s Disease.
Here is your bonus for today – a delicious and healthy banana mango smoothie bowl with coconut, compliments of Canadian Living
Banana Mango Smoothie Bowl:
- 1 banana
- 1 mango
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Maple syrup
- pomegranate and chia seeds (optional)
- unsweetened flaked coconut
In a blender, puree banana, mango, coconut beverage, yogurt, and maple syrup. Pour into a bowl and garnish with seeds and coconut.
Can You Eat Too Many Mangos? | How Healthy Are Mangos?
As you can see, the list of diseases caused by eating junk food is large, not to mention all of the other health consequences eating junk food causes.
This should give you a good overview of healthy, nourishing produce to help you on your health journey. If it is not easy or affordable to eat all of these every day, there are many healthy supplements to accompany the foods you can obtain to fight or prevent diseases caused by processed foods.
Remember – frozen veggies and fruits are better than none. And many of the foods that are good for the fighting and prevention of the health consequences eating junk food are also the best foods to help with weight loss and good health, generally. They should be eaten anyway!
Browse through Brighteon, iHerb, and PureFormulas sites for a wide variety of pure and effective supplements that you can trust. And if you couldn’t, we wouldn’t recommend them!
If you don’t know how hard it is to find supplements that actually do anything at all, and are free of toxins and fillers, you will want to read this recent article:
Are Supplements a Scam? | Do Health Supplements Work?
Please leave your thoughts, stories or questions below, and be blessed!
Back to Top: Diseases Caused by Eating Junk Food | Stop Eating It!!
8 thoughts on “21 Diseases Caused by Eating Junk Food | Stop Eating It!!”
I have been doing 16:8 intermittent fasting every day, lately. It allows you to get away with eating the fish and chips and pizza here and there, without having to be as concerned. As long as you are getting the nutritious stuff in you, as well. And as long as you are doing all of your eating in that 8 hour window.
I was going to buy fish and chips for dinner tonight, but after reading this article, may I should rather make some soup using some healthier choices of green veggies and lean chicken.
I was surprised that you list of diseases was so long, and I didn’t expect dementia to be on the list at all.
They say everything in moderation, so I am wondering if one has junk food once a month is this still dangerous, or should you cut it all together?
I don’t think I could handle the thought of never eating a piece of pizza again or even the occasional French fry.
Good point, Stephanie. And that is certainly becoming the case everywhere. Maybe intermittent fasting is the answer. With IF you can get away with eating lower quality food. And it is beneficial in so many ways.
Thanks very much for your thoughts.
Not only are fresh products highly expensive but sometimes they are also really hard to find – at least where I live. Mostly everything – if not all, contains preservatives, from market foods to fast foods. I think is all about finding a balance. Not everyone can have a healthy lifestyle with fresh products when the prices are skyrocketing so I think that finding something in between may be a good start to a better health journey. I try my best to find organic and GMO free products but sometimes it’s just impossible to find them.
Yes, that is a good idea, about the kosher food, and thank you for the good report, and this was very well said!
Thank you for such good information that it will be of very good help to many people to know how bad it is for our body to eat junk food and that we put ourselves at risk of contracting many malignant diseases it is incredible how many diseases we can get by eating these kinds of food only you mention 21. since I learned that eating kosher food keeps our body alkaline and this prevents us from contracting many types of cancer, since that day I change my type of diet and now I feel great and with more energy. I believe that’s why God established eating kosher to avoid all these health problems that is damaging our body.
Can you one day make blog about kosher food?
Thank you so much for sharing your story, Steve. That must have been an awful experience, and I’m glad you made it through and are doing well! And we hope many people read this.
Blessings to you!
After coming down with bowel cancer 8 years ago I have endeavored to cut out junk food in my diet. My cancer came as a complete shock and it completely turned my world upside down. From someone who did not worry about what they ingested, it was a complete turnaround for me. All I thought at that stage is that I was constipated, one week later my stomach had completely swelled up and felt like a balloon to the touch. I went straight to the hospital and was told if I had left it another 12 hours I would have died. After an 18-hour operation in a Vietnamese hospital, I came to in the ER department. I was a smoker at that stage but gave up immediately, I had a masseuse who came daily and massaged my chest until I was vomiting black tar. I was also put on a colostomy bag for 4 months while my insides healed.
Straight after that my diet changed and I gave up all forms of processed food and especially fatty foods. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that these foods cause cancer and this is exacerbated by our lifestyle. My diet now consists of fish, a little meat, and a lot of vegetables, fruit, and honey.
Even with health supplements I am weary and tend to only eat natural foods. So, it was with great joy I came across this and hope people change their approach to food.
By the way, I have never felt healthier and at 64 feel and look healthier than I did at 45. Many thanks for a great read.