What Improves Brain Function?
Well, don’t ask Homer. We’ll talk about what improves brain function in this article, but I would like to also get to the bottom of what would warrant the need to improve brain function in the first place?
Why do I not feel as astute and focused as I once did? Why does it feel as though I had better start getting in the habit of writing things down that people say to me, or things I need to do later…? How come I feel more and more anxious about impending social events (this has been very real for me) because everyone will find out my brain is broken??
We are going to learn what improves brain function–what vitamins and supplements to take, and what foods to eat or avoid.
But first, wouldn’t it be nice to know, if it turned out that there are things you didn’t know were harming your brain but in fact are, and that you could avoid, with a couple of simple adjustments? And wouldn’t it then make more sense to begin reparation, after you have cut off the harmful things?
Oh-Oh, Here It Comes…
I should say at this point that if you are uncomfortable considering the possibility that there may be very powerful people in the world bent on causing you harm, you are very likely going to grow less comfortable with the concept as we go along. Many people seem to become physically furious at the mere suggestion. If that is you I don’t have to tell you at this point that this study is not for you. You will have quit reading by now and be off grumbling venomous words through clenched teeth, irately, and not even knowing why. In which case I wonder why I’m talking to you still, being that you are no longer here…
OK, well let’s get right to our list of known neurotoxins, most of which have been administered to you either unwittingly, or under the guise of being actually good for you. And, since you were knee-high to a short communist.
Maybe we’ll pick it up again later, and discuss why anybody would do such things to a fellow human…
A List of Known Neurotoxins
But first, Here’s our list of known neurotoxins, many of which are either known to be in, or in some cases strategically placed in, the very things we consume, daily:
- Fluoride. We won’t go into this one again. I’ll instead refer you to this previous article, which also contains links to more in-depth information for those interested in the darker truths.
- Manganese. Tends to live in your tap water at safe drinking levels, but the harm really comes from breathing in the vapor, like when you are showering. Causes trouble learning, clumsiness and shaking, erratic behavior and permanent brain damage.
- Mercury. Have a big old plate of fish, to get a heaping helping of mercury poisoning. Actually, there has been a lot of fear-mongering with the fish/mercury thing, it seems to me. Here is a short video from a guy who regularly eats a lot of fish, and decides to get a mercury test. It’s kind of amusing…
- Tetrachloroethylene. Used mostly in dry-cleaning of clothes and the de-greasing of metal, like car engines. Does just about any bad thing to your brain you can think of.
- DDT. Not really used anymore, but did have terrible effects on the nervous system. Fortunately, those problems went away after exposure to it stopped, consequent to it’s being “banned” a couple of decades or so ago.
- Phenylalanine and aspartic acid. Found in aspartame and other sweeteners. Proven to cause cancer, seizures, and psychiatric and behavioural problems. Aspartame in Nearly ALL chewing Gum.
Just a Few More…
- PBDEs (Polybrominated Diphenyl). Chemicals used as fire retardants and found in your computer, toaster and television. Studies in Canada have found significant concentrations of PBDEs in common foods such as salmon, ground beef, butter and cheese.
- Arsenic. Large amounts found in drinking water, many kinds of grape and apple juice, and rice.
- Lead. Lead poisoning is not too common these days, unless you have old plumbing in your house (pre-1986), and/or brass or chrome-plated faucets. Living in a pre-1978 house could be not great, if the interior has never been re-painted (lead paint). There could also be a fairly high risk to your brain health if you glaze pottery regularly…
- Triclosan. Used to be in toothpaste and you’ll be amazed how many other household products, including soap, garbage bags and toys! Supposedly triclosan has recently been banned.
- Toluene. From gasoline to shoe polish, toluene is found in solvents and other substances that you would use to inhale for a “buzz”, if that were how you rolled. And hopefully it isn’t, because I have seen the effects on a person firsthand, who rolled that way. It all but destroys the brain in a terribly short span of time. You know what improves brain function? NOT toluene.
- Aluminum. The air and the soil are full of it. Enjoy! There is probably a ton of it in your deodorant, as well.
Can You Heal Your Brain?
Here is an article on gut health, which goes into how nourishing your gut microbiome can heal your brain and relieve anxiety and depression, as well as sleep and eating disorders, and more.
I will likely write an article on this in the near future, as “gut health” and it’s connection to mental issues has interested me for quite some time now. But please check out this article, in the mean time. It is very informative.
As we discussed in the immune system article, stress and worry and rage and resentment all contribute heavily to a wide spectrum of physical health problems, which is something that fascinates me, and I can personally attest to. So I want to stress again here, the cruciality of training your mind to form new habits, or to respond differently than it may be used to when adverse situations arise. “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind”, as the Bible says, in Romans 12:2.
Can You Heal Your Brain with JOY?
Depression and bitterness kill the body. But JOY kills depression and bitterness!
Joy isn’t something that is a byproduct of wonderful things happening to you. It is something you can practice, despite, and even as a weapon against great adversity and tribulation. I can tell you it is better than any drug you are going to find for a healthy mind, and consequently a healthy body.
You are not trying to trick yourself into being happy. Joy as a weapon against negative emotions is built from a habit of thankfulness for the good things you have. And learning to see a “bigger picture”.
I say all of this because it has worked for me.
Vitamins and Supplements to Help Brain Function
Of course things can just be lacking or out of balance, too. It is hard to get enough of everything you need from food, in this day and age. Not to mention all the bad stuff in food that needs to be thwarted.
The Vitamin B family is number one for energy and a healthy brain.
All forms of Vitamin B promote mental wellness and are found to help with coordination, and to remedy memory impairment, confusion, fatigue, irritability, and depression.
Your Vitamin C is also very helpful for mood enhancement and stability and protecting against anxiety.
Vitamin D plays a big role in the maintenance of mental health, and the best way to cultivate the Vitamin D your body already produces is to spend time in natural sunlight.
Vitamin E is also good for fending off depression and anxiety, as well as contributing to general cognitive function like focus.
Additionally, the minerals Selenium, Omega 3 and Magnesium contribute largely to brain health. Magnesium can help improve memory, reduce irritability, restlessness and apathy, and can prevent headaches.
I STRONGLY recommend NOT buying cheap, popular vitamin and supplement brands, especially if they come from China. They can do far more harm to you than good, as they are intentionally spiked with heavy metals.
I have heard nothing but glimmeringly adulatory reviews of a product called EMPower Plus, which I have just started taking. During my studies to find what improves brain function, I started looking for something to give me an energy boost and hopefully some increased focus. I plan to review it here, once the results begin to manifest.
EMP is basically a specially formulated multi-vitamin, mineral and amino acid supplement designed to assist in building a balanced life.
Big Pharma has bad-mouthed this product and tried hard to discredit it, which is usually the first thing that gets me excited about something. But you will find lots of legitimate and favorable facts and testimonies about EMPower Plus. I know two people personally who jump up and down over it.
Foods That Improve Brain Function and Memory
What improves brain function and memory better than anything is good food. If you can still find any…
Oh, and filtered water.
As mentioned above, the Vitamin B family is number one. Foods that contain vitamin B are:
Leafy vegetables, such as spinach and broccoli, as well as red meat, fish and poultry are all great sources. So are citrus fruits, bananas, seeds and nuts (particularly almonds and sunflower seeds), milk, cheese and avocados.
Some foods rich in Vitamin C include fruits and vegetables, as we know. But particularly broccoli and cauliflower, tomatoes, bell peppers, oranges, kiwi, strawberries and papaya.
Vitamin D is also vital, and some good food sources for it are fish, eggs, cheese, cereal and orange juice.
Lots of Vitamin E is present in nuts and seeds, as well as in leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and broccoli.
Foods rich in Omega 3 are vital, such as fish and seafood, as well as flax seed, walnuts, oysters and chia seeds.
Some foods rich in Selenium are fish, nuts, yogurt, pork and turkey, as well as eggs, sunflower seeds, cottage cheese and brown rice.
And lastly, but not leastly, Magnesium:
Avocados, legumes (lentils, beans, etc.), nuts and seeds, and fatty fish, such as salmon and halibut are rich in magnesium.
What Impedes Brain Growth In Children?
Have you ever felt like people aren’t as… er…SMART… as they once were?
If you are over 30 years old or so, you definitely have noticed there is a certain keenness that you yourself once possessed in greater measure.
Is this just part of getting older, or “how the cookie crumbles”? Or is there something that causes it over time?
The Marxist Murder Machine loves to start shortening your life and dumbing you down right from birth. It seems that fluoride has always been the go-to for starting the neurotoxifying ball to rollin’ very early on…
And, of course, sugar!
But that’s just a whole other article…
I didn’t want to get all “conspiracy theory guy” on ya here. But there is a whole lot more going on with our food nowadays than just fluoride being put in it deliberately. I mean we hardly stand a chance. Add TV and video games and give your 8-year-old his own cell phone. No amount of vitamins or minerals, nor the healthiest of diets will ever turn him into the rocket surgeon you may have wanted.
But let’s stay on topic.
“My lab has uncovered scientific proof that substances are intentionally formulated into dietary products to drive consumers mentally insane while causing widespread infertility, organ damage and a loss of any ability to engage in rational, conscious thinking. These toxic substances are being found across the entire food supply. Including in conventional foods, organic foods, “natural” products and dietary supplements.” -Mike Adams (The Health Ranger)
I’ll just leave that there for ya.
I suppose I can tie this all up by saying…
We have to pay attention and utilize anything we still can to try to control our health in whatever ways we still might have any say in. Our freedoms and the control of our own lives are very rapidly being stripped away.
The institutions that we have always been led to believe were there for our safety and to protect us are turning out to be the very ones slipping us the poison and trying to outlaw anything that they discover would truly heal us.
There are still things we can do. At least for a little while yet. Little things, here and there, all add up.
I want to leave you with one more link. I hope you will check this out, if you don’t know what I’m talking about, or don’t think that I am a brick or two shy of a load.
After clicking, scroll down and read what is said about this book, and the reviews, etc. Here it is.
Thanks for reading, and many blessings to you!